Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Clan



Shot through the heart, and you're too late, darling you give love a bad name.

So androgyny is big these days. I was thinking about Bowie, then labyrinth, then Jorge Luis Borges, and I realized everything is connected. I missed method man red man featuring raekwon and ghostface. I never understood the appeal of Wu-Tang Clan, or even why a fully black cast of rappers would want to be associated with a clan ideal. It seems ridiculous. Then I turned fourteen, and I realized, hey, I want to go to the gravel pit, where can I find a song that could best represent my interest. Low and behold I found the tongue-in-cheek rappers whose best album I will maintain is Enter the Wu-Tang : 36 Chambers, however they did garner some acclaim for their smash hit "gravel pit", which as best I can tell is just a euphemism for sex. Right? Maybe it is a euphemism for meat wallet, which is a synonym for vertical lips (thanks Panacci). Or maybe I'm completely off. The video has the group hanging out in a gravel pit talking about smoking dope... and there are diamonds and dinosaurs. I don't know why he told me to put my guns down, I don't have any. Although there are so many things I want to shoot. Bang! Also, why would prehistoric stone age era individuals own guns? They just need sharpened sticks or rocks... I said rocks, not rock. And now there are ninjas, I expected that.

Why did I like these guys, because they are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment